Typing the Right Arrow symbol or Rightward Arrow Sign (→) is very very easy in both windows and mac from a keyboard.
In this guide, I will tell you about various interesting methods using which you can type right arrow signs in word, excel, etc.
How to Insert Right Arrow Symbol in Word/Excel
When on a PC or laptop keyboard (for example, when in Microsoft Word or Excel), you can type Right Arrow Symbol by pressing down the Alt key and typing 26.
Using Control + Command + Spacebar on a Mac will bring up the Character viewer and allow you to see the Rightward arrow icon.
Double-clicking the Right arrow sign will insert this symbol into your document. Utilize the search bar at the top of the Character Viewer to find the right arrows sign.
In the table below, you’ll find all the information needed to type the symbol on both Windows and Mac.
The above information can be used regardless of whether you are using Word or Excel.
Nevertheless, if you are not satisfied with my quick answer, you can read below for a detailed explanation of how to get the Right Arrow symbol or any other symbol on your Mac or Windows PC.
There are several keys on the keyboard that are dual-purpose for Mac and Windows users, as you may already know.
The second keys on the keyboard have symbols readily available to them.
The insertion of such symbols is as simple as pressing two or more keys simultaneously.
A few symbols are printed as the second key, however, others aren’t.
Typing those symbols is difficult because of this. The symbol for the Right Arrow [→] belongs to this group.
In a work environment where you regularly use these symbols, typing becomes more difficult for you.
There’s no need to worry about it being difficult. In particular, after reading this guide.
How to Type Right Arrow Symbol Anywhere
You can easily place this symbol (→) just about anywhere on your Windows or Mac PC with the following sections.
Here is an explanation of each method, without further ado.
Method 1: Right Arrow Symbol Shortcut for Windows
There are several shortcuts in Windows, some of which are only available in Microsoft Word.
Shortcuts for symbols such as the right arrow symbol are among them.
Microsoft Word’s shortcut for the rightward arrow Symbol is Alt+26.
Microsoft Word only supports this shortcut.
The following instructions will assist you in using this shortcut:
- The insertion pointer should be placed correctly.
- Press Alt + 26.
That’s all you have to do.
Method 2: Right Arrow Symbol Alt Code
There is a character code for every character in Word.
The right arrow symbol can be inserted using this character code on the Keyboard. It is commonly referred to as the Alt code.
In our case, the upward symbol shortcut is Alt + 26.
Here are the steps (using the Alt code) to insert the symbol:
- Insert the insertion pointer at the location where the symbol will appear.
- Tap and hold the Alt key, then type 26 onto the numeric keypad.
- Now release the Alt key.
After releasing the key, the symbol (→) will automatically be inserted into the document.
Method 3: Insert Rightward Arrow in Mac OS
To insert a Right Arrow symbol using the Character viewer on Mac, follow these steps:
- Select the symbol you would like to add and click the insertion pointer.
- On your keyboard, press Control + Command + Spacebar. By clicking this, you will see the Character viewer.
- Search for “arrows” at the top of the Character Viewer by using the search bar.
- Click on the expanding icon in the upper right-hand corner.
- This will then open the expanded Viewer for the Character viewer.
- There should now be an “Arrow” option in the left-hand menu, just under the “Emoji” section.
- Select an arrow you want to insert from the list and double-click on it.
This is how you can insert a rightward arrow (→) on a Mac.
Method 4: Copy Pasting Right Arrow
Copy and paste the right arrow sign from the button below to use in your work.
When I am unable to easily type, copy and paste is the method I prefer to use to insert symbols.
The symbol you need to type is just googled, then copied from one of the search results.
It is, however, possible to recopy and paste the symbol as needed as soon as it is in your document.
Copying this symbol and any other symbol in Windows can be done in another way.
This required the use of the Windows Character Map.
By using the character map, you can copy and paste any symbol. Follow these steps:
- Select the Start button and look for the Character map.
- Your search results will display the Character map. Launch it by clicking on it.
Expand the window for more advanced options by checking the Advanced View checkbox.
Type Rightward Arrow into the search box on the Advanced View page.
You can now view the symbol that you searched for.
Select it with a double click.
When you click the Characters to copy box, the symbol will appear.
Selecting and copying multiple symbols simultaneously is possible with this feature.
You will need to click the Copy button once you have selected the symbol to copy.
Paste the symbol into Microsoft Word, Excel, or PowerPoint where you need it.
This is one of the best ways to find right arrow symbols (→) in windows.
Method 5: Insert Symbol Option for Right Arrow
Unlike shortcut methods, this approach is a bit more complicated. However, the process is relatively straightforward.
As soon as you copy and paste the symbol into your document, you can use it in your work as soon as you need it.
You can use the insert symbol dialog to insert the right arrow Sign in Word. Follow these steps:
- Select the Insert tab.
- Choose More Symbols by clicking the Symbol button on the Insert tab.
- A dialog box named Symbol will appear after a few clicks.
- Symbols can be found in the drop-down list at the upper left of the Symbols window.
- Click on Wingdings to access the right arrow symbol text.
- In this category, you should see the right arrow symbol you are trying to insert.
- Click on the Insert button after selecting the symbol.
- The symbol can also be inserted by double-clicking it.
- Click on the Close button.
This is how to insert the rightward arrow symbol in Word.
Method 6: Up Arrow Sign through AutoCorrect
You can obtain right arrow text or symbol using the AutoCorrect feature in word.
Spelling mistakes can be corrected with this tool. Symbols can be written with an AutoCorrect text by using this option.
For example, each time you type RAS on your keyboard, Word will think you’re typing the rightward arrow symbol (→) so it’ll automatically convert it.
Especially useful when inserting symbols frequently into your work is this approach.
In no time at all, here’s how you can assign AutoCorrect text to symbols.
- Choose More Symbols from the Symbol tab of the Insert tab.
- The symbol appears in the dialog box.
- To select a symbol, locate it and then click it.
- The AutoCorrect dialog will appear when you click the button.
- Select AutoCorrect from the AutoDictionary dialog box and enter the following:
In place of RAS
Once you have added the item, click OK.
Any time you type RAS into Word, the symbol will be inserted automatically.
When using AutoCorrect, there are a few things to remember.
- There is a case-sensitive feature in AutoCorrect. Word will not translate ras (in lowercase) into the Square root symbol unless you enter RAS (in uppercase).
- The AutoCorrect text will not be converted if any text appears before or following it.
Those are the various methods of inserting or typing the right arrow symbol text with the keyboard in Word/Excel.
Copying and pasting into Word is my preferred method for both Windows and Mac. It is also easy to use Alt Code.
I look forward to hearing from you in the comments section below if you have any questions or comments about this guide.