There are several methods in this guide. It allows you to type or insert the Trademark Symbol (™) anywhere on your PC.
If you’re on the Mac keyboard or the Windows keyboard, you can execute programs like Word/Excel/PowerPoint.
The Trademark Alt code shortcut will be taught along with all the easy methods.
Let’s start right away.
How to Insert Trademark Symbol in Word (™)
For Mac, press Option + 2 to instantly type the Trademark Symbol wherever you are on your computer.
Windows users should follow these steps. You can do this by pressing the Alt key. Then type 0153 into your keyboard’s numeric keypad.
In Microsoft Word, the symbol is typed as 2122. Choose it. Then hit Alt + X to obtain the Trademark sign in word.
Below you will find everything necessary to type the symbol on Windows and Mac.
Type Trademark Symbol in Word/Excel
The above information applies to your Word/Excel document whether you are using Windows or Mac.
If this quick help does not satisfy you, please continue to read below. Here I will show you how you can get the Trademark symbol to appear anywhere on your computers, such as in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
A number of keys on the keyboard function both under Windows and under Mac OS. Thus, symbols are immediately available on the keyboard as second keys.
In order to insert these symbols into your work, just press two or more keys simultaneously. Using Shift and the 7 key, for example, gives you the ampersand (&).
On the other hand, other symbols do not appear on the keyboard as second keys. Typing is difficult due to this. The Trademark Symbol (™) is one of these symbols.
As you type these symbols on a regular basis, it becomes very difficult for you to type.
It need not be difficult, however. You should especially read this step-by-step guide now.
Insert Trademark symbol in Word/Excel
Here you will find out how to easily type or insert this symbol anywhere on your PC, whether it is Word, Excel, or PowerPoint.
I’m going to explain a couple of ways you can obtain the Trademark (™) in a couple of minutes. As well as any other symbols that may be needed from time to time.
You can also use the numeric keypad to type the 0153 alt code by holding down the Alt key. The option + 2 combination works on Macs as well.
The following are the detailed descriptions of the methods without any further ado.
Using Trademark Symbol Shortcuts
Mac users can use Option + 2 to toggle trademark symbols.
Shortcuts are available in Windows. There are some of these that only work in Microsoft Word.
However, the Trademark Sign can be accessed from any application using a Windows shortcut. Alt+0153 is the shortcut for the Alt code.
2122, Alt X, is the shortcut for Microsoft Word’s Trademark Symbol. Microsoft Word is the only program that works with this.
Following are the instructions for using this on Windows:
- Insert the insertion pointer where it belongs.
- On your keyboard, type 2122. Click on Alt + X.
- At the point where the insertion pointer is put, this will convert the numbers into a Trademark symbol.
An explanation of the Mac shortcut for Trademark is given below:
- The insertion pointer should be placed where the symbol is to be inserted.
- Let’s use the Mac keyboard. Hold down the Option key and the 2 key at the same time.
- Your Mac PC will automatically insert the symbol with this shortcut.
Using the Trademark Symbol Alt Code is the topic of my next section. The symbol should be typed on the keyboard.
Using Trademark Symbol Alt Code
The Trademark Symbol Alt Code is 0153.
You can insert a symbol in Word by using its unique code. “Alt code” is a well-known term for this code.
To type the Alt code provided above, follow the steps below.
- By pressing the numeric keypad key, you can access the numeric keypad. Num Lock can be activated with Fn +
- NumLk keys on laptops without a numeric keypad.
- Hold down the Alt key. Use the numeric keypad to enter 0153.
- If you have pressed down the [Alt] key, release it after entering the Alt code.
You should see the Trademark symbol in your document once you release the Alt key.
Copy and Paste the Trademark Symbol
To add a Trademark symbol to your document, copy it from below.
The copy-and-paste method is my favorite way to insert symbols.
It’s easy to use this method; you just need to type the symbol into Google.
From a search result, copy the text. Whenever you need to do so, you can copy and paste the symbol into your document.
You can copy this symbol to your clipboard by clicking the button above.
The symbol, or any other symbol on Windows, can also be copied another way. A character map of the Windows operating system can be used to do that.
Follow these steps to use the character map to copy and paste any symbol.
- On the Start screen, search for the Character map.
- Search results will include the Character map app. Launch it by clicking on it.
- A Character Map window will appear. Ensure that Advanced View is selected. A more advanced options window will appear when you expand the window.
- Type Trade Mark in the search box in the Advanced View section.
- Your selected symbol has now been added to the Character map. Select it by double-clicking.
- When you click the Characters to copy box, you will see the symbol appear. Multiple symbols can be selected and copied simultaneously.
- Select the symbol that you would like to copy. Choose Copy from the menu.
- Go to the MS Word, Excel, or PowerPoint document where the symbol is needed. Copy and paste using Ctrl + V.
Using the Character Map on Windows, you can use the Trademark sign to copy and paste in this way.
Using Insert Symbol Dialog Box
As opposed to shortcuts, this method requires more work. However, it’s fairly straightforward.
If you have already copied and pasted the symbol within your document, you can always use it as necessary throughout your work.
Using the insert symbol dialog in Word, the following steps will explain how to insert the Trademark Sign.
- Select the Insert tab.
Click the Symbol button on the Insert tab. Select More Symbols.
- You will be presented with the Symbol dialogue box after a few clicks.
- Choose the Symbol that you want to insert.
- The Trademark symbol can be found on the Symbols dialog by looking at its top area in this Latin-1 Supplement, you will be able to select the Trademark symbol.
- To insert, click on Insert.
- You can also insert the symbol by double-clicking on it.
- Close the window.
Using the insert symbol dialog in Word, you can insert the Trademark symbol with the steps above.
Type Trademark symbol using AutoCorrect
In addition, you can use the AutoCorrect feature in Word to insert the trademark symbol.
Using it, spelling mistakes can be corrected.
The trademark symbol can be assigned a shortcut using this trick. (such as TMS).
This will make Word think you actually wanted to type the trademark symbol when you type TMS. The trademark will be converted automatically.
There is one thing that makes this approach interesting, the symbol can be assigned any code you want. Every time you type the assigned code, Word will insert the appropriate symbol for you.
Below we detail the steps for how to use AutoCorrect to type the Trademark sign in Word.
- Click the Symbol button under the Insert tab.
- Select More Symbols. A dialog box appears to let you select a symbol.
- The trademark symbol is found here. Choose it by clicking on it.
- The AutoCorrect dialog box is displayed after clicking the AutoCorrect button.
- Select the trademark icon. Then click the AutoCorrect button.
Enter the following in the AutoCorrect dialog box:
Click the Add button. Click on OK.
Whenever you type TMS into Word, a Trademark symbol will appear in your document.
In this case, however, there are several things to keep in mind when you use the AutoCorrect Method.
- Word will consider the AutoCorrect text part of the text if there is any text before or after it. Thus, it will not convert to a trademark symbol. In the case of XTMS, no conversion will take place. However, X TMS will convert to X ™.
This was all about how to insert trademark symbol in word/excel. The following were the different options for inserting or editing trademark symbol inside Word/Excel. You can use the keyboard with or without it.
Copy and paste is my favorite method, followed by shortcuts. Alt Codes are also simple to use.
Please let me know in the comments section if you have any questions or comments about this trademark sign guide.
Thank you for reading.
- How to Insert Checkboxes in Word
- Type ★ Symbol using the Star Alt Code
- Type 2 Squared Symbol in Word or Excel
- How to Insert Right Arrow Symbol in Word